Saturday, January 23, 2010


Windy day today. With shower's this morning, I chose to sleep in. Finally got up just before noon and started my days activities, only to return to my tent a few hours later and find that the 40+ mph winds had relocated my tent several feet from where I left it, still full of crashpap bedding, sleeping bags, and pillows. Stupid wind. No since wasting time trying to stake everything back down, only to have one side pop right back out the minute you turn your attention elsewhere. I ended up simply loading the tent with more weight, in the form of rocks. That kept it at bay for the remainder of the afternoon.

Ridiculously strong winds aside, today was a gorgeous day, just as long as you were inside or standing on the eastern side of a large structure. Had to brave the bone chilling cold for a few minutes, but got yet another panoramic out of the deal. Here's a view of the north and west mountains from camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment