Monday, October 4, 2010

Ok, so since leaving Canada 4 days ago, I have proceeded to blow up another tire just across the boarder, bruise my hip and tailbone at one of the nations most classic skateparks (Happy 20th birthday to Burnside, in Portland, Oregon), and get the shit scared out of me on one of the many phenomenal routes that Smith Rock, Oregon has to offer! Lesson leaned, make sure you know how many bolts there are on the climb before going, otherwise you'll have to do what I did today and just keep cruising past the last few bolts, pulling about a 20 foot run-out, which would lead to an incredible whipper, had I actually fallen before reaching the chains. More shot's and stories from Smith Rock to come. Hopefully we'll find some other people to climb with so I can actually get some climbing shots...




7 comments:

  1. Ha! Old school City of Rocks routes force 20 foot run-outs! They make you piss your pants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed! Sooo good for the head, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey man i know you dont know me. My name is Kevin Denson I grew up in birmingham and am friends with Byrson. I just moved to Denver and dont really have to many people to climb with If you pass through The front range and want to climb somewhere let me know. Chaos Canyon RMNP is open probably for two more weeks. Might be heading to the desert in two weeks Arches and the moab area. Look me up on Face book if you want to get up.
    Kevin Denson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Hit me up if you go to Moab! I'll be around that area around the same time, they're actually doing a highline festival out there on Thanksgiving...

    ReplyDelete
  5. NICE Pano, how many shots is it seamed together? would make a good enlarged print!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 6 I think. I'll send ya the file if you ever wanna print it out and let me know how it looks!

    ReplyDelete