Sunday, August 16, 2009

Friday morning, Ziggy, me and the Howard boys took 2 twenty six foot moving trucks packed to the brim with someones house and 4 two and a half foot planks of wood constructed with 7 individual layers of pressure treated maple up to Louisville Kentucky, the only city in North America that has the balls to sink 2 million dollars into a concrete skatepark, keep it open and lit 24 hours a day, require no pads or helmets, and still keep the admission fee at a wopping $0. Way to go Kentucky!

Unfortunately, the caliber of athletes at the park was no match to what I had witnessed just the previous night in Alabaster, so the amount of huge tricks I was able to capture with my camera went from a several dozen to zero. Josh did manage to pull off a blunt, rock to fakie in the bowl though, which is pretty impressive considering the fact that Josh doesn't skate anymore... Quitter.



got a tip from a local skateshop that there were concrete waves behind a water treatment plant as well as a street that had as many pubs as traffic lights, and there were a lot of traffic lights!







Kentucky was a blast! Thank you Louisville for the great skating, tasty beer and wonderful people! I feel as if I left my mark on the city, and I know the city left it's mark on me in the form of a rolled ankle and a football sized bruise on my hip! Till we meet again, Louisville, cheers to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment