Thursday, October 1, 2009

The countdown to departure has begun, and with only 18 days remaining in Birmingham, I'm starting to feel the pressure that comes with procrastination. Item 1: Sell the Honda.



The car won't be hard to sell, but just like any steadfast relationship, the end is always hard. Together, we've seen so much beauty across the nation. From the dense, mountainous forests of British Columbia to the dry, endless deserts of Texas. From the tornado ridden plains of Kansas to the bright, sunny beaches of Florida, we've been through just about everything together. She's been my miscreant as well as my protector, and as our time together sadly draws to an end, I can still wear a smile knowing that I left my mark on her just the same as she left her mark on me!



Rolling through a house bruised her backside pretty good, and the 3/4 inch sheet of poly carbon securely bolted where her back glass use to sit may be an eyesore for some, but to me, they're the beautiful scars that can only be worn by those who dare to push the boundaries of what we consider normal, safe, and acceptable.



She's a wanderer, but no matter where she goes, she never forgets who she is or where she came from. A true southern belle who has the utmost love and support for her hometown.



Although the evil doers at Canadian Tire tried to sabotage her and ruin her ability to stop, her solid gears and sturdy tires safely guided me down the treacherous 8,000 foot descent of the Yosemite Mountain range during a snow storm, even after her master cylinder dried up of all brake fluid and the pedal uselessly stuck to the floor.



My only advice to her future owner is to treat her well, and she'll do the same for you! You will be missed, my sweet little Honda Accord! Thank you for the years of memories and for keeping me safe, even when I was abusive and unappreciative. May your miles be vast and your adventures memorable in the years to come!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Craig. I'm Bryson's sister and will most likely be stalking you guys through your blog over your trip. It sounds like it may be ya'lls only means of communication from what Bryson's saying. Anyways, I'm loving the blog so far and would be really interested in seeing whether or not you are still selling the Birmingham prints. I have been gone from there for almost 6 years now and really miss it, especially in the fall. Let me know if you are still doing that/if you have time. I hope the trip is awesome and I am looking forward to seeing you guys once you get out here sometime next year. Talk to you soon. Sarah Lanier Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stalk on! I'm sure the 3 of us can produce enough interesting stories to keep the hungry public satisfied. I'll be sure to have plenty of hometown shots for ya when we get there, so worry not about that. Lookin forward to getting back to San Fran... See ya soon!

    ReplyDelete