Saturday, February 20, 2010

Today was spent on the east mountain with Rick, Deano, Chris and the rest of the New York crew, wandering around, hitting up all the classics, including the warm-up boulder, Dragonfly, Backdoor Man, and a brand new line, spotted by Deano, with John Cooper getting the first ascent. The new line is called Uncle Drunkie, named after our favorite Rock Ranch host.







I didn't do to much (any) climbing today. The goal was to get several good shots of new lines, and I'm pretty sure I accomplished that. The main reason as to why I wasn't climbing is described in this photo...



The tick pattern on my arm represents all the problems I crushed in one day, much like the decals on the side of a B-2 bomber. This is known as 'the wanker 101' which entails doing 101 problems (v0 to v2) in one day. Although the grade of the problems isn't to difficult, it's the quantity that gets you. By the time I was at 70, my feet were just about to swollen to fit in my shoes and the skin on my hands was on fire, but if you look closely, you can count one hundred and one ticks on my arm, and I've been proudly sporting them since! Pardon my french, but that was a shitload of climbing!

Enough rambling. Time for more photos.



No comments:

Post a Comment