Saturday, May 1, 2010

Here's the story of the past week... I've been working everyday at the construction site, earning a fairly healthy paycheck, as well as doing some siding and roofing with Doug, earning a healthier chunk of cash. The construction company wants me exclusively, and they're willing to match the pay I'm making with Doug, but I've decided to turn down their offer and continue the work with Doug, as he has guaranteed me a summer's worth of work, flexible hours for climbing on overly nice days, and will possibly be sponsoring me in the future, making Canadian residency the obvious next step. With the money earned in the past 2 weeks of work, I should be able to make a cash offer on the camper van next Friday... Finally, after a few stressful weeks and a couple bear encounters, everything seems to be coming together, as it always does!

Since the bear completely destroyed my home of the past 7 months, I moved into a room with a climbing buddy of mine, Ernesto. $200 a month didn't seem bad, but the living situation has gotten a bit ridiculous, with 5 adults residing in a 3 bedroom apartment. Just as I started questioning my decision for the next months housing, another option landed in my lap. A buddy of mine, Dan, is leaving Squamish for the summer to go plant trees in Alberta, but seeing as he doesn't want to give up his pristine location, he opted to sub-let his room for the summer, and guess who the first person called was... I move into a house tomorrow, and will live there through May, and might stay through June, depending on how much cash I'm making per week, and wether Paige decides to accept my cash offer for the van, which I'm pretty certain she will.

Yup, it's starting to look like it's going to be yet another fantastic summer in British Columbia! Here's some shots from today's session in the forest.



No comments:

Post a Comment