Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Found out today that the skatepark in Alabaster only charges $1 to get in on the weekdays! Throw in another dollar for helmet rental and it's still 2 cents cheaper than my daily Starbucks fee.




No matter how often I see it, I'm always amazed at just how willing these little kids are to throw themselves down huge gaps, carve 10 foot bowls and flip in-flip out of rail tricks! I do my fair share of provoking from behind the camera though. The shot's not gonna be good if they don't go big though!


At 28 years of age, I'm starting to think about the outcome of tricks a little bit more. Falling actually hurts now, and knowing just how quickly everything can go horribly wrong doesn't really motivate me push myself to much anymore, but this guy today taught me how to say 'fuck it' all over again. 49 years old and still airing out of a bowl a bone-breaking 10 feet above the concrete floor... Props to this guy!





And he still falls with such grace! Notice his shoes... I can respect anyone who chooses duct tape over laces.


Caught the sunset and the daily 10 minutes of 'golden lighting' at the Tip Top Grill in Bluff Park and got some interesting reflection shots off my car.




Ended the day at my second home with Josh Dave and Liz. Killed time by strapping headlamps to appendages and jumping around on the trampoline. It started off pretty simple, then the exposures got longer and the bouncing got downright crazy!



No comments:

Post a Comment