Saturday, November 21, 2009

Hey everyone! Sorry for the brief hiatus, but I've (a) had writer's block. (b) had photographers block. (c) lost my arms in a bear fight. (d) just been lazy. Pick whichever situation you choose, they're all true.

Now, onto the present. We left Red River Gorge yesterday afternoon, and are currently residing with Bryson's relatives (pictures to follow) in Asheville, North Carolina. Electricity, home cooked meals and sleeping on an actual mattress as opposed to my crashpad has been a wonderful change of pace, and I'm looking forward to doing it all again tonight, but I am starting to miss our nightly fires, and there's something so simple and rewarding about having to roll around in my sleeping bag for 5 minutes before it's actually warm enough to go to sleep.

Today was spent in downtown Asheville, and I've already fallen in love! From the curbside musicians to the double-decker bus converted into a coffee shop, this city radiates good vibes and hold an all around welcoming atmosphere. I'm actually finding it hard to sit down and post to this blog right now, simply because all I can think about is getting back into town to see if the city's nightlife can even come close to affecting me the way a bright, sunny saturday afternoon did.









That's all you get for now.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous ya'll are there!!! Hug Beth, Hutch, the kids, and Jim for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Already have, about 20 times each!

    ReplyDelete