Monday, November 16, 2009

today was yet another day devoted to exploring our surroundings. We parked David's van just up the road from Miguel's Pizza, then drove Bryson's car up to the parking lot at Rock Bridge, over 18 miles away. That's where the hike began. I made it from the Rock Bridge to Chimney Rock, about 6.3 miles away, then turned around and hiked 6.3 miles back to Bryson's car at sunset. The rest of the hike has plenty of hidden arches and waterfalls to take pictures of, but seeing as the sun had gone down and there was no chance of getting any decent shots of any of these, I decided not to lug my camera and tripod the rest of the way. Now here I sit, eating a tasty BBQ chicken pizza from Miguel's, drinking a cold, frothy beverage and uploading the story and photo's of today to my blog while Bryson and David trek through the gorge in the dark. Have fun guys!









That's it for today. With any luck, we'll be back on the rock tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment